Purpose: To give new graduate members a voice at AHIMA; to help AHIMA develop stronger tools and initiatives to make the transition from HIM student to HIM professional easier. This group members will serve as role models and mentors to both current students and their professional peers who are looking for guidance along this journey.
- Develop new resources and benefits geared towards New Graduate members.
- Improve engagement among the wider New Graduate membership group.
Member Composition/Terms, Roles and Responsibilities
- The committee is composed of six members who serve a one-year term.
- A staff liaison provides staff support to the committee.
- Bi-monthly teleconferences to brainstorm new resources and benefits geared towards New Graduate members.
- The committee completes work through email, teleconference, and Engage Communities.
- Brainstorm and develop methods to engage New Grad members to help increase the retention rate in this member category.
- Provide guidance to Student members and other New Graduate members.
- Conduct research to assist with idea development.
- Contribute articles to Career Minded and Advantage e-newsletters.
- Help monitor/facilitate the Future HIM Leader (students and new grads) community on Engage.