Purpose: The AHIMA Foundation Research Network (AFRN) provides a systematic approach to advancing and completing research. The AFRN provides an infrastructure to enhance the Foundation's research effort by offering resources to add to the number of trained HIM researchers in the profession; by increasing the number of experienced leaders conducting evidence-based research; and, by providing a nationally recognized, peer-reviewed journal to publish relevant research and advance the HIM Body of Knowledge.
- Promote the principles and values of the HIM profession to influence healthcare standards and practices in alignment the AHIMA strategic plan;
- Enhance the importance of research within the HIM profession, HIM educational community and AHIMA; and
- Add to the HIM Body of Knowledge.
Member Composition/Terms, Roles and Responsibilities
- The committee is composed of AHIMA members interested or learning more about research.
- Members participate in monthly one hour calls
- Officers are appointed to a three-year term and may serve consecutive terms