The Journal of AHIMA accepts original, unpublished manuscripts about current issues and best practices in health information management. The Journal seeks articles that present new knowledge, are grounded in experience or applied research, and represent the diversity of new roles in the field.
Potential authors are strongly encouraged to review recent issues of the Journal and this website for topics of interest and tone of the publication.
To submit a manuscript for consideration:
- Send only original manuscripts. Please do not submit manuscripts that have been published previously or are being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Remain product and vendor neutral. The Journal does not reference products, services, or vendors by name within articles.
- Limit feature articles to 2,000 words; columns may range from 700 to 1,400 words.
- Include all contact information, including workplace, address, phone number, and e-mail address. If the article has multiple authors, please indicate the primary contact.
- Include complete citations for all referenced work.
- Include a one-paragraph summary of the article.
- Upload a Word document of the manuscript via Engage
- Upload a copy of your resume via Engage
Authors will be notified upon receipt of the manuscript. Unsolicited manuscripts undergo blind review by the Journal’s Editorial Advisory Board. The process typically takes approximately six to eight weeks. When the review is completed, the author will be notified of the outcome.
If you have questions after reviewing this volunteer opportunity, please contact Assistant Editor/Web Editor Sarah Sheber at firstname.lastname@example.org.