Purpose: Assist in the development of the content for the educational tracks for the CDI Summit. Work to identify topics and speakers and to provide guidance and leadership in the development/presentation process. Work to provide a top educational experience for AHIMA attendees while remaining within confines of the AHIMA budget. Recommend policy and procedure development for content of future CDI Summits.
Description: The program committee is comprised of subject matter experts with a defined interest in clinical document improvement, have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field, and CDIP preferred. The committee is formed to develop the content for the summit.
- Assist in the development of the educational sessions by:
- Assistance with main plenary sessions (if applicable)
- Assistance with education breakout rooms
- Work with group to identify program subjects, speakers and key topics
- Attend AHIMA Program Committee planning conference calls.
- Participate in the abstract grading and selection process, as well as, duties related to the speaker management process, including recommendations for keynote speakers.
- Serve as a session liaison.
- Communicate with the session speakers to answer questions and provide instruction on the speaker process and responsibilities.
- Support AHIMA efforts to build programs with emphasis on best practices across healthcare settings, with an audience of industry professionals who will benefit from this educational content.
- Provide AHIMA marketing team with insight on marketing ideas, target audiences, etc.
- Assist, when possible, in promoting awareness of the program and the program contributions to the HIM industry.
- May volunteer to fulfill onsite program support assignments.
- Look toward diversity of presenters – non-traditional roles, non-credentialed, etc.
- Explore ways to increase the number of responses to the call for papers/presentations for the upcoming year.
- Develop white paper content on session topics in conjunction with Content Advisor – HIM SME.
- Attend if possible the Summit with possible duties as room monitor and introduction of speakers
Member Composition/Terms, Roles and Responsibilities
- The Committee is composed of two (2) co-chairs plus 6 members who serve a staggered two-year term.
- The Meeting Planner serves as staff liaison providing support and coordinating efforts of AHIMA staff to support committee efforts.
- A content advisor will work in conjunction with the meeting planner.
- The committee meets via conference calls (Debrief Past Year/Kick-off, Abstract Review call, Speaker Management call) and others, as needed.
- The committee completes work through Engage and via teleconference and Webinars.
- The co-chairs work with the staff liaison to develop the agendas and to assure deliverables are being accomplished.